McMurdo G5 SMARTFIND PLUS EPIRB with GPS - Cat II
Product : McMurdo G5 SMARTFIND PLUS EPIRB with GPS - Cat II
Availability : Contact Us
The McMurdo Smartfind range of EPIRBs meets the demands of recreational boaters and all classes of commercial vessels alike. This stylish unit is available as a standard 406 MHz EPIRB, or, for enhanced position location, with a built in high accuracy GPS. These units are available with a manual bracket or an automatic deployment housing.
Each EPIRB is programmed to transmit a unique serial number which is registered with national authorities. In the U.S., NOAA provides this service without cost to the mariner. The transmitted distress signal is automatically relayed from the COSPAS-SARSAT satellites from anywhere on earth through an automatic ground station to a control center where it is decoded and the distress and registration details are passed on to the relevant search and rescue authorities. A secondary 121.5 MHz homing transmitter further aids search and rescue in locating your position.
- Seawater switch activates unit within 5 seconds of immersion
- High brightness LED flashing locator lights
- Battery life allows for 60 comprehensive diagnostic self-tests
- Unique CARRYSAFE bracket available for safe transportation
- Internationally approved
- Non hazardous battery (no HAZMAT fees)
- Transmission Frequencies: 406 and 121.5 MHz
- Transmission Time: Once activated, will transmit for a minimum of 48 hours
- 5 Year Battery Life from manufacture date
Category I vs: Category II EPIRBs
- Category I EPIRBs automatically release from their mounting brackets when immersed in 15' or more of water
- Category II EPIRBs must be manually released from their mounting brackets
Once released from their mounting brackets, both Category I and Category II EPIRBs can be activated automatically by immersion in water, or manually by following the activation instructions printed on the unit.
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: